Monday, August 9, 2010

Fuck Cancer, Get Money


Lauren was good friend of my younger brother Josh, who lost his battle with Leukemia two years ago. This will be the second year she has run a charity marathon in Josh's honor, to raise money for Cancer research. My family's truly touched by her devotion to the cause (not to mention her athleticism..... I get tired running to the refrigerator.....). Please read her letter below. At the bottom is a link where you can donate and sponsor Lauren's run if you see fit.

"Hey, there.

I'm doing it again! I'm training on The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's team for the Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco in October.

Two years ago, a good friend of mine, Josh Sack, passed away from Leukemia. Josh was an incredible drummer, comedian, and friend ---and last year I completed a marathon in his honor.

As I crossed the finish line, I thought my journey was over. However, events of the past year have made me realize that the fight against blood cancers is never over. This spring, a close friend of mine lost his father to lymphoma. David Zeehandelaar was not just a lawyer, pilot, and avid traveler; he was an incredible friend, husband, and father.

And so, in honor of Josh and David, I've decided to do it again! This year I’ll also be mentoring new Team in Training participants, who will be joining me in raising money for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's (LLS), which helps support those battling leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin lymphoma and myeloma.

I know I’ve pushed the limits of your generosity already, but please consider giving again. As long as cancer continues to affect our lives, we must continue to fight back. I’ll be running 26.2 miles as part of my fight. I hope you’ll join. Please use the link in this email to donate online quickly and securely (plus learn more about my progress)!

http://pages.teamintraining.org/sf/nikesf10/lfalcaoqdq

Thank you so much for your support!

Best,
Lauren"

2 comments:

  1. The link didn't work, at least not for me! Could you try it? Thanks. Yer uncle, Alan

    ReplyDelete